2.17.2011

Run update.

Quick update on my running progress. Most of you may not know, but Remus talked me into running a race this spring. It's a 10K at the Bayshore (Traverse City). I have never done a race before and absolutely hate running. So, if it turns out to be the worst day of my life, I have one Matt Remus to thank. HA HA Just kidding. Anyways, I'm up to running 3 miles now. Almost half way there. My goal would be to be able to run 8 miles, so I can be assured that my 10K day will go w/o a hitch. I don't think I've ever run this far before. For me, it's ridiculous that I'm trying to pull this off. Retard.

2 comments:

  1. No Tony, it's fantastic!! You didn't "hate" running when you were a kid. Right? It's just an excuse adults use because running can be difficult especially if for people with a history of knee problems such as yourself. Believe it or not I use to say I hated running too. Fact of the matter is, I never really given it a chance prior to 2007. I'm not saying you are going to LOVE it, but the fact that you will be able to rip off a decent 10K at the end of May is going to boost your overall mental and physical fitness. Nice job with the training so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Tony. I blame Remus for my wanting to run a marathon again. Like I suddenly forgot the crippled feeling at the 35K mark, and then being passed by a 70 year old man near the finish back in 2007. You'll be fine though. Just listen to your wife and your body about that rebuilt knee.

    ReplyDelete