3.15.2016

Commute #3: March

I battled the previous night with trying to change out my studded cross tires with my regular ones (blew up a tube, then couldn't get the second try to seat the bead) and gave up in a slight baby-hissy fit. Eventually the big baby grew up and grabbed the road bike off the trainer and took that instead.

Turned out to be a good choice. The rail trail was fairly free of debris. The ride into work was pretty foggy - at times hard to see about 30 feet in front of me. I was soaked by the time I got to work, but I got there about 10-15 minutes quicker than usual.

The ride home was a little different. Started out really strong - at one point doing 26mph on a slight downhill with a calm tailwind and riding some sweet clean and new pavement. The only scary thing was the evening rush and flying past parked cars (expecting to get doored).

Of course, once I turned north on the rail trail, there was a beautiful headwind. Some guy came out of no where and decided to pass me and squeeze between two sets of walking people. I guess he was trying to be Mr Tough Guy or something, because I later caught up with him on the steep pedestrian bridge crossing West River Road. Dumb. He stayed steadily in front of me, which means his act of being super man was just a farce.

I was super tired when I got home. Need a hot shower (was getting cold) and wifey made burgers, pork chops and red potatoes on the grill. Yum!

Three commutes down, nine more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment